Role : DevOps Engineer
Reporting to the Product Architect, the DevOps Engineer is a team player who will join the DevOps CTT (Core Technology Team) to help drive the DevOps transformation for multiple Eunimart products and development/operations teams. This role will improve and manage our DevOps platform that is used to build, automatically test and release. The role also contributes to improving DevOps KPIs on code quality & security, test automation, coverage, traceability, Deploying Infrastructure and CI/CD. Job Description
Who You Are
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following skills
- Love for coding A fanatic about writing beautiful and scalable code.
- Sense of analytics Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Should be resourceful, innovative and inventive.
- Dynamic Should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces. Have exquisite attention to detail, and are comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Team player Knack for influencing without being authoritative. Pitch in wherever the team needs help, from writing blog posts to supporting customers.
- Accountability High sense of ownership for your code and relentlessness to deliver projects with high business impact.
- Contribute to DevOps Platform architecture and influence DevOps roadmap: application and infrastructure planning, testing and development.
- Work closely with product teams to find the right tradeoff between the business-specific needs and state-of-the-art CI/CD best practices.
- Execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely. Provide solutions to increase visualization, reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Contribute to the creation and application of guidelines for consistent and consolidated approaches.
- Act as a mentor for the product teams.
- Advocate DevOps and follow-up on priorities and DevOps maturity/KPIs of product teams.
- Work on Agile User Stories outcome-based deliverables using Agile methodology and value streams.
- Be proactive and spawn temporary working groups for specific topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology or Engineering, with a successful DevOps professional experience.
- 1-2 years of experience as DevOps Engineer in a product or an IT services organization.
- More than qualifications below, what matters is mindset!
- Strong advocate of DevOps best practices.
- Strong collaboration, leadership and influencing skills to drive transformation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to document and help in the decision process.
- Experience with CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline.
- Experience with Linux and at least one scripting/programming language e.g. Python.
- Experience with Git and SCM branching strategies.
- Preferred experience with at least one cloud environment e.g. AWS. GCP
- Preferred experience with virtualization, containers e.g. Hypervisor, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Preferred experience with Infrastructure-as-Code e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation.
- Preferred experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Preferred knowledge of test automation frameworks e.g. Cucumber, TestComplete.
- Preferred knowledge of monitoring systems e.g. Prometheus, Splunk.
- Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native tool sets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, Kinesis, Dynamo, SQS, SNS, SWF etc.
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Experience with implementing “infrastructure as code”, “pipeline as code” and “security as code” to enable continuous integration and delivery
- Understanding of IAM, NACLs, and KMS
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
Good to have:
- Strong understanding of security concepts, methodologies and apply them such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates etc.
- Strong experience with databases such as MySQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, and MongoDB.
- Work with Leads and Architects in designing and implementation of technical infrastructure, platform, and tools to support modern best practices and facilitate the efficiency of our development teams through automation, CI/CD pipelines, and ease of access and performance.
- Ability to measure system and hardware performance and recommend modifications as necessary
- Establish and promote DevOps thinking, guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Contribute to architectural discussions, Agile software development process improvement, and DevOps best practices.