The most crucial component for the success of any business is its marketing and promotions. Realizing the impact that a good marketing and promotional strategy create on the overall performance of a company is very important; it gives the much-needed face value to a business and is considered the heart of it. It is even more vital for a global eCommerce company trying to overpower its immediate competitors on top international online marketplaces. However, it might often turn out that despite proper planning, implementation, and execution of a robust marketing and promotional strategy for selling online internationally, the products do not sell as much as expected. It is even more vital for a global eCommerce company trying to overpower its immediate competitors on top international online marketplaces.
However, it might often turn out that despite proper planning, implementation, and execution of a robust marketing and promotional strategy for selling online internationally, the products do not sell as much as expected.The main underlying reason for potential consumers not getting converted to customers might be that several aspects of a global eCommerce business that persuades potential buyers to go ahead and make a purchase going amiss somewhere. After low sales volume for a global eCommerce business is analyzed, it is prudent to consider and re-evaluate the exact reasons why consumers are declining the products. There are simple and straight-forward ways to fix these issues for improving conversions and seeing products succeed on the most promising international online marketplaces. Some of these issues can be listed as following:
- Targeting a wrong marketplace and audience: Selling on a wrong marketplace implies all the efforts taken for marketing and sales of a particular product or range of products going absolutely in vain. It is wise to examine thoroughly the demographics and prospects of each marketplace and draw proper conclusions regarding who all the products will serve, connect and appeal to before finally making it up and running for better results.
- Not reaching out to consumers about products: Consumers obviously won’t buy products that they are not acquainted with. It is imperative that the visibility of a particular product or range of products live on a respective marketplace reaches the targeted audience without fail. If the need arises, marketing schemes like paid promotions should be extensively carried out for spreading the word about a product present.
- Not convincing product pictures: Even after consumers have knowledge of a particular product or range of products live on a respective marketplace, it won’t get sold all by itself. All it takes is to paint a highly convincing picture of what and how different their lives will be once the products reach them. Mostly, it means making use of multiple high-quality pictures of products.
- Unclear product benefits: If there is any other factor than the price of a product that matters the most to a consumer, it is the product benefits. The marketing and promotional strategy for a particular product or range of products should govern around its benefits so that the consumers get immediately interested in purchasing them.
- No perceived worth of products: Until and unless consumers can see the perceived value of a product or range of products they would never want to go and buy it. By using the benefits of a product or range of products, the price quoted for it should be well established. If the worth of a product is not made explicitly justified, a consumer will simply overlook it any day.
- Cannot assess how products meet requisites: If consumers have to keep guessing how a particular product can cater to their requirements or benefit them, it is undoubtedly not going to sell well. The underlying message behind selling a particular product or range of products should be effectively educated to the consumers without having them to come up with manipulative answers on their own.
- Products not easily accessible: Consumers prefer to ease in procuring a product. It goes without saying that consumers would decline products that are present on respective marketplaces but not easily accessible to them. Having a robust logistics system at the back-end to support easy product availability is the key.
8. Sales tactics not up to the mark: In order to witness products disappear from virtual shelves of the top international online marketplaces, pursuing diversified approaches for sales is necessary. A global E-commerce sales strategist like Eunimart can assist in driving sales in the correct ways. After all, as Derek Halpern from Social Triggers puts it for impactful sales-“Don’t be pushy all the time. Be pushy at the right time.”