As a seller on Amazon, you have access to a massive audience of shoppers but the benefit continues only through consistent delivery on your part. Shoppers flock to Amazon because of the numerous benefits that they enjoy. It also has a large selection of products to choose from with innumerable offers that are difficult to resist and competitive rates.
The world of ecommerce has opened up a plethora of opportunities to sellers across segments. There is still plenty of space for everyone on ecommerce marketplaces, be it a seller who wants an auxiliary income source or a seller who wants to go in for a full-fledged online business, one who just wants to scale his operations or be a professional seller altogether in the cross border ecommerce segment. Of course, the marketplace of choice for all such sellers is Amazon.
Amazon is large enough to accommodate every seller who wants to be there provided they live up to the desired standard.
- Market your page well. Converting potential customers into buyers is not as easy as setting up an account which is only a click away. Amazon will do its part by mobilizing traffic to your listing but the actual job lies with you. The intelligent choice here would be to use Amazon sponsored product ads and their internal promotions, as well as Fulfillment by Amazon and leverage them to your advantage for your own business. There is also the need to refresh your listings from time to time, test deal opportunities and promotions to be successful as a seller on Amazon marketplace internationally.
- Fulfilment by Amazon is of utmost usefulness, so make use of it. It attracts more customers to you because FBA is a service that works both ways. It aids the seller and abets sales by taking care of your warehousing needs and by handling the customer’s service-related issues and queries. To ensure efficient service for your customers it is wise to make use of FBA. This helps you to be a successful seller on Amazon marketplace.
- Building your brand should be a priority. The secret lies in making yourself different from other sellers, carve a niche, identify your products and target your audience accordingly. Determine pricing strategies, analyze competition and focus on high-quality products, seamless delivery systems, and customer satisfaction. This will contribute to your success on Amazon marketplace.
- Kelly Fedio, the Amazon channel expert and attorney turned ecommerce entrepreneur says, “The sky is the limit when it comes to selling on Amazon, and its full potential is truly realized by leveraging the power of FBA.”
Amazon has a large footfall metaphorically. It comes with a place to buy and sell that is readymade and has plenty to offer. As a seller on Amazon, you have access to a massive audience of shoppers but the benefit continues only through consistent delivery on your part. Shoppers flock to Amazon because of the numerous benefits that they enjoy. It also has a large selection of products to choose from with innumerable offers that are difficult to resist and competitive rates. So Amazon marketplace is the natural choice of successful sellers.
Usually, people sell on Amazon as third party sellers. However, you can also sell goods to Amazon directly and become a vendor.
Selling as a third party is more popular. As a third party seller, you too are part of this amazing shopping experience.
However, you should keep your part of the commitment by providing excellent customer service, on-time and accurate shipping and informative listings. This will help to generate positive sales. Although Amazon charges 15% of every item sold it’s still worth the effort since the volume of sales is significantly high.
As a third-party seller, your job is to:
- Zero in on products to sell on the Amazon Marketplace which will generate profits and can survive in a competitive market. It is a challenge to see that your product gets noticed.
- The next thing to do is to create your seller account and understand the fees. The website is user friendly and will guide you to make the proper selections.
- List your products with offers if required and for new products make a fresh listing.
- Inventory management is a critical task as is shipping orders. To be successful as a seller you must fulfil all these commitments properly.
- Use of FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon or Eunimart Ezi Ship are good options to use because the fees for third-party sellers are low and you can also enjoy the benefit of Prime on Amazon FBA wherein your customers enjoy free shipping.
- The other option is FBM or Fulfillment by Merchant. Here you pack, ship and store yourself or enlist services from enablers like Eunimart. Without FBA you are not eligible for Prime and must handle returns too.
- Ensure that you encourage positive reviews. For this customer’s needs must be addressed on a priority basis and be sure to keep them happy with prompt responses, tips, offers and recommendations. Good ratings keep your products high on the listings.
All these help you to be a successful seller on Amazon marketplace. In case you are a manufacturer you can become an Amazon vendor and they handle everything for you. Here you sell products as in any retail outlet without bearing the hassles that come with it. Visit the portal to get the necessary guidance.
To sell successfully on Amazon internationally the most important things are to carve a niche, maintain high standards and keep the customer happy. The beauty of Amazon is that the buyer experience is the same no matter who the seller is. So it’s always better to sell on a marketplace where there are millions of happy buyers and sellers displaying an array of products. So choose intelligently to profit optimally.