“It’s time to go where your buyers live: online. If you pride yourself, on being where your buyers are, why aren’t you online yet?”……and where might that be?
Your answer lies in going global through Lazada. Lazada, the top e-ommerce website of South East Asia beckons you. Why become a part of this giant cross border e-commerce platform? Lazada is a premium brand for online sellers in Asia. Visibility, Stability, and Popularity is what would describe this cross border e-commerce giant. What better way to take your business on international platform, than through Lazada? It surely means some large scale exposure for the e-commerce seller.
“The Internet affords a level of relationship with consumers hitherto unfathomable”. To be a part of your customer’s life, take the leap of faith to sell on cross border e-commerce sites like Lazada. According to ‘We are Social’ 24.74 million people shop via e-commerce and 9 % of the total population is engaged in the cross border e-commerce market. No matter what your product is, except banned substances, there is always a buyer waiting for you somewhere out there.
Belonging to the Alibaba group, this cross border e-commerce platform has plenty of opportunities for new sellers. In fact, as a seller, this is where you need to be when you are looking to sell internationally
You can Sell on Lazada through 5 easy steps:
- Create Account
- Add Products
- Manage Store
- Ship Products
- Receive Payment
The Lazada University educates its sellers on how to succeed through various tools and tutorials that are easily accessible. There is also a Help Centre that services Sellers by answering queries and offers partner support. The Lazada Marketplace connects Sellers with Service Providers that can aid in boosting business. So Lazada cross border e-commerce platform offers you a complete solution to help you succeed in your business.
Requirements to Sell on Lazada
- Registered License to sell
- You are encouraged to have a Payoneer Account for ease of business
- Investing upfront is not a prerequisite to Selling on Lazada
- Continuous stock is required
- A minimum of e-commerce sales experience is required.
- Once you register and your account is activated you can access the marketplace for further necessary action to start actual sales.
The Lazada team can either be contacted or they will contact you once you register. The team will help you upload your products and train you to boost your online sales. Similar to few other platforms, help is available for setting up shop as well.
Important Information on Lazada Marketplace for Sellers
- There are flexible payment Solutions.
- Payment is on a weekly basis.
- There are no monthly fees and you can list your products for free.
- When you sell, Lazada charges a commission. These are standard fees as per the category of products. There are no hidden costs. The charge on sale is, in fact, one of the lowest across Marketplaces across the cross border e-commerce platforms.
- when you sell Lazada charges you 7% of the total amount of each order.
- Lazada operates in the ASEAN region only.
- Lazada never owns your store, you have the liberty to link it to your own website.
- FBL or Fulfillment by Lazada offers a service that takes over the processing, packing and then shipping the orders to customers.
- It offers you a website and a mobile app through which you can do business on the go.
What you cannot sell on Lazada are:
- Fake or harmful software
- Obscene images
- Vulgarity in any form
- Telecommunication equipment
- Gambling products or Gaming
- Harmful or toxic Chemicals.
You can make products available where they are not and compete with international sellers across borders on this e-commerce platform called Lazada. Lazada offers you unique solutions and the opportunity to sell in ASEAN countries. However your first market will always be Malaysia and depending on your quality and product, your success is decided so that you can graduate to other markets. Malaysia is your first testing ground.
With Lazada being listed as one of the topmost shopping sites in Asia, a huge number of Internet users in this region, low requirements for the seller, it is undeniably has the largest number of online retail sales and that’s where you need to be, at Lazada in order to succeed as a seller internationally.