How vast is the Cdiscount Marketplace?
Cdiscount is acclaimed to be the third-largest marketplace in Europe following UK and Germany. For several years, it was the industry leader in France until very recently Amazon France took over. To gauge how big is the market reach of Cdiscount France, international online sellers need to have a glimpse of the following:
- Annual Turnover: Cdiscount was accounted to possess an annual turnover of €2.74 Billion. As per Cdiscount’s GMV, the share value of the marketplace is 27.5%.
- Number of unique visitors: Nearly 11 million visitors visit the marketplace every month. Also, the marketplace witnesses nearly 1 million visitors on an average every day.
- Number of product categories: There are almost 40 different product categories offered by the marketplace.
- Valuation of an average cart order: Any average cart order value on Cdiscount is around €110 which implies a decently high regular order volume.
- Number of registered sellers: An extensive network of 7,000 sellers are registered on the platform.
- Fan following on Facebook: An active fan following of 1,200,000 people on Facebook affirms the widespread popularity of the French Ecommerce marketplace over the world.
- Closest Contenders: Cdisount is in constant competition with a number of other French marketplaces like Amazon.fr, Zalando, Fnac etc. to be on the top.
Which are the best-selling product categories on Cdiscount?
The C le Marche marketplace expanded its range of product categories and upgraded its stock availability since 2011. Cdiscount is specifically a category-driven marketplace and presently has a kitty of 40 product categories. The best-selling product categories amongst these can be listed as following:
- Household décor and furniture
- Electronic appliances
- CDs and DVDs
- Books and music
- Clothing and accessories
- Baby products
- Pet products
- Musical instruments