Product titles for selling on Amazon and eBay
Tips to build great product titles for Amazon and eBay
For selling successfully on Amazon and eBay, a global online seller needs to adhere to certain marketplace specifications. It is crucial to frame product titles in such a way that it gives out answers to any type of question a prospective customer might probably have. To make it easy and convenient for global online sellers, given below are tips for building impactful product titles for Amazon and eBay:
- Analyze best-selling marketplace products in the respective category: Besides searching on Google and other search engines, it is necessary to carry out a competitive marketplace analysis. Tracking the choice of words made by closest competitors for the best-selling products in a respective category will assist in framing better product titles.
- Keep a check on the length of the title: In order to acquire better sales, keeping a check on the length of the product title is essential. Short, compact and specific product titles sell the best on these top international online marketplaces; nobody feels interested in going through titles that are long, descriptive and unprofessional. To have an optimized product title on Amazon and eBay, maintain character limit within 80-100 for better visibility.
- Place the title in logical order: It is extremely important to write product titles in a logical order. Potential customers are always interested in looking up and buying products that have a well-organised product title that makes complete sense. The standard format for product titles on Amazon and eBay should ideally include a brand name, material, shape or pattern, features etc. For example, for a particular piece of a fashion item, the format for product title should be Brand+ Gender+ Color/Pattern+ Material+ Fittings.
- Use the right set of keywords: To ensure that a particular product or a group of products is performing well on top international online marketplaces, product titles need to be optimised with the right set of keywords. SEO optimised keywords have an added advantage of making products stand out from competitor’s products driving higher traffic to the sales page.
- Stick to good grammar and spelling: Grammatical and spelling errors can be a big turn-off for gaining high conversion rates. Adhering to good grammar and spelling helps in retaining seller or brand image in front of potential customers.
- Avoid over-selling or under-selling: Providing unnecessary specifications about a product may lead to over-selling and giving inadequate specifications may lead to under-selling thereby losing out prospective buyers. Product titles should be captivating and well-targeted for immediate call-to-action.