Product Recommendations -A Crucial Component
How do sellers benefit from Product Recommendations?
In what ways are Product Recommendations Impactful?
- Better product visibility: Product recommendations assist prospective customers in finding products more easily on the top international Ecommerce platforms. For a first-time visitor, showing recommendations for the top-selling or trending products can be quite convincing for making a purchase. The power of social proof cannot be easily ignored.
- Improved cross-selling and up-selling: Every interaction with a prospective customer is an opportunity for cross-selling and up-selling. Cross-selling is a strategy of recommending products from different categories that are complementary to the current product being viewed or purchased. Up-selling, on the other hand, is a strategy to suggest a more expensive variety of the current product in consideration. Cross-selling and up-selling can be improved by showcasing additional products relevant to the product being searched for.
- Raised Average Order Value (AOV): Average Order Value is the total revenue generated divided by the total number of orders coming. To be more specific, the Average Order Value is the average amount a customer pays for each order on an Ecommerce site. Product recommendation can raise the AOV of an international online seller any day. Displaying more number of compatible products generally triggers the tendency of buying more in customers which in turn raises the AOV.
- Increased brand loyalty: Product recommendations help to increase brand loyalty by creating a value-added relation between the customers and the seller or the brand. The reason why it increases brand loyalty is due to the fact that it reflects suitable personalized products every time a prospective customer visits an international online marketplace.
- Higher customer engagement: When prospective customers get to see product recommendations on visiting a particular online store on international online marketplaces, they feel more welcomed on the page. As such, they tend to respond more positively to the most accurate suggestions being displayed. This enhances customer engagement as prospective customers spend more time interacting with recommendation widgets.
- Saving money on operational costs: Product recommendation widgets have made life easier for international Ecommerce retailers. With easy-to-integrate widgets on international online marketplaces, the operational costs that go into integration have got considerably minimized thereby saving a lot of monetary resources.